Thursday, August 18, 2011

Easy Caramel Apple Bars

I know it's summer but nice to think ahead to fall. Especially since it is so darn hot out. These are really easy to make and uses only a few ingredients. When I used to go out to diner with my grandma her dessert was always apple crisp. I bet she would have loved these.

Ingredients

1/2 cup of cold butter
1 pouch of Betty Crocker oatmeal cookie mix
1 egg
1 cup of finely chopped and peeled apple
3/4 cup of caramel topping
1/4 cup of all purpose flour

Heat oven to 350. Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl cut butter into cookie mix using a fork or pastry blender. ( I love my pastry blender! ) Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cookie mixture. Press the remaining cookie mixture in the bottom of the pan. Now bake that for 15 mins. Sprinkle apple over the cookie mixture you just baked. Then mix caramel topping and flour together and drizzle over apples. Then sprinkle the reserve cookie mix over that and bake for 20- 25 mins. Cool completely for about 2 hours.

5 comments:

  1. For the caramel topping you are talking the ice cream topping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much butter - 1/2 pound, stick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1/2 cup butter, so 1 stick of butter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fixed the 1/2 butter to 1/2 cup of butter.

    ReplyDelete