Saturday, November 13, 2010

BBQ Coleslaw

There are only a few coleslaw recipes that I like. They are "whoa" easy on the vinegar! I think the reason why I'm not a big fan of coleslaw with vinegar is because of the way my mom makes coleslaw. She usually makes it to go with corn beef on St. Patty's Day. And her's is real easy..shredded cabbage, mayo, salt and pepper. That's it. I have eaten this many times and even though it's a very simple version it is quite good. So one day I decided to play around a little and came up with this version.


                                                           BBQ COLESLAW



Ingredients
1/2 head of fresh cabbage ( chopped )
1 c of real mayo
2 Tbsp your favorite bbq sauce
1/2 c sharp shredded cheddar cheese
real bacon bits  ( As much bacon as you like )
salt & black pepper to taste

Directions

Cut a nice size head of cabbage in half. Then chop it up into bite size pieces. Add to a bowl. Then in another bowl add the rest of the ingredients and mix together then add to cabbage. Toss together and chill for about 2 hours.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment