Thursday, July 10, 2014

Asian Noodle Salad



I was looking for a quick noodle dish and had a hankering for some Chinese noodles. Yes I said hankering. It was the first word that popped in my silly brain. I have found that during the hot summer days I do not want to heat up the kitchen. I am envy of those people that have summer kitchens. Looking through the grocery aisle I found some Hokkien stir fry noodles. Like the Uncle Ben's rice that you microwave for 90 seconds these noodles were the same. That means no turning on the stove! Here is the recipe:

1 pkg of Hokkien Stir-Fry Noodles
1/3 cup of rice vinegar
1/3 cup of stir-fry oil
1/2 bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce
1 bag of sliced red cabbage
1 bag of baby kale or spinach chopped
1 red onion sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 bag of bean sprouts ( you can use canned but drain them )
3 carrots shredded
chopped cilantro for garnish
chopped cashews for garnish

Microwave the noodles for 90 seconds and set aside. In a large mixing bowl add and stir the vinegar, stir-fry oil, and chili sauce together. Add the rest of the ingredients leaving the noodles till last. Add noodles and stir. Let sit for about 15 minutes till all the flavors marry.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment