Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Love of Reading




Do you love to read? I do. I have loved reading since I was a little girl. The joy of reading a book that takes you away from everyday life into another world.... it's just priceless. I will never forget growing up watching Little House on the Prairie and then one Christmas under the tree was the whole set of Laura Ingalls Wilder books!!! I was so excited and it didnt take long for me to read them all. I wish I still had those books. In the day of computers and being able to read books online I have put together a collection of websites to read free books and some other interesting book related sites. Some of the sites even have cookbooks!

ManyBooks   The Best E-Books because they are free! You can browse through the most popular titles or go by what reviewers have recommended. There are over 29,000 selections to choose from and they are available for your Kindle, Nook, iPad and most other e-readers. You can also become a contributor too.( visit the site for more details )

BookCrossing   This is a neat place to follow your book. Remember when they had the "Where's George" with the dollar bill and all you had to do was put in the id number of the dollar bill to see where its travels have been? You can do the same with your books. Do you have a book or 2 to give away? You can sign up then print the label to put in your book. Then when your book finds another book lover they can enter the book id # and you can track where your books goes...this is great for people that give their books away.

Scribd  This place you can download documents to share and how to manuals as well as look them up. Great for school work.

WorldPublicLibrary  Founded in 1996 this site is a world global coordinated effort of works of literature, serials, bibliographies, dictionaries, encyclopedias and other reference works.

I hope these websites will be helpful to my followers. And if you have any other suggestions please leave a comment and i will add it in the near future. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment