Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pizza Pinwheels







This was my first time working with puff pastry. I don't know why it took me this long to finally make something using it in a recipe. But I figured I would make something really easy. And now I bring you Pizza Pinwheels! There is actually no measuring because you add what you want. This time I added already made pizza sauce in a jar and ham and pineapple and cheese. That's it. And it is so easy you can have your little kitchen helpers help you on this one.
First lay out the puff pastry to thaw. After it has thawed spread your pizza sauce over the sheets. its better not to use alot of the sauce but enough to cover the dough. Then sprinkle with the ham, pineapple chucks and cheese. You can use anything you want here as long as the meat you choose is cooked first. Next you will roll these up like logs and cut them into rounds. Also use a serrated knife like a bread knife which makes it easier to slice and you won't squish the pastry. Line a baking pan with baking paper as the cheese will ooze out and get stuck to your pan and what a hassle to clean burnt on cheese.Place each round face up on the tray and bake at 350 for 10 to 15 mins. until the pastry is golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment