Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweet Tea..the nector of the south

Being from up north I never drank brewed tea unless I was sick or was dining at a fancy chinese restaurant. Then I moved to Florida. Hot Florida. Drinking soda just didnt quench my thirst anymore and water was flavorless. Going and eating out I would have unsweeten tea and that quenched my thirst. Until I moved in with Tim. He introduced me to sweet tea. Oh I didnt like it too much at first because it was too sweet. But it grew on me and then I just had to try and make it myself. With his approval I am posting this recipe for sweet tea.

                                            Sweet Tea

Ingredients:
 3 Family sized tea bags
a pinch baking soda* ( a very small pinch )
1 to 1 1/3 cups of sugar

Directions:
Bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of baking soda to the water and add 3 family sized tea bags. Remove from heat and cover. Allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Pour into gallon pitcher and add sugar. Then fill with cold water. Refrigerate.
*the soda takes out the bitterness and darkens the tea....this small amount doesnt change the taste. But you know if you have added too much when you can taste the baking soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment