Friday, December 3, 2010

Pesto Tuna Melt



I just love tuna fish. And when Friendly's came out with their tuna melt I couldnt get enough of it. My grandmother would take me to Friendly's for lunch or even dinner sometimes when I was little  and I would order the tuna melt. Yummy! So here is a grown up version so to speak.


Pesto Tuna Fish Melt


 * 5 ounces, weight White Tuna In The Can, Drained
    * 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
    * 1 Tablespoon Fine Sea Salt
    * 1 Tablespoon Coarse Black Pepper
    * 1 Tablespoon Chopped Onion
    * 5 whole Hamburger Dill Pickle Slices, Diced
    * 3 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
    * 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
    * 2 slice of White bread
    * ¼ cups Jarred Pesto
    * 2 slices American Cheese
    * thinly sliced tomato

Mix all together except the tomato, cheese and bread. Assemble sandwich with cheese first on bread then tuna mixture then tomato then cheese and bread. Butter the outside of the sandwich and toast till a golden brown in a hot pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment