Sunday, December 12, 2010

My First Electric Skillet

A few things I have always wanted...world peace...a pen that works and an electric skillet. The latter was fulfilled the other day when my other half won it at his Christmas party at work. I was soooo excited and couldn't wait to use it! I went online to see the reviews on this little baby and learned a few things. Most people love their electric skillets and have had theirs for many years. I read through alot of rave reviews. Then there were some that just made me laugh and ask the question' " Do people bother to read the directions?" This skillet has to be seasoned before its used. It has a non stick surface. You have to brush the surface with a light coating of oil, plug it in and turn it on at 300 degrees and wait till the little red light goes out. Unplug it, let it cool and then wipe the oil out. If you don't do that your bacon or other stuff you cook in it will stick and the coating will come off. Christmas is right around the corner so if Santa brings you any appliances PLEASE read the directions carefully..even the hints and tips.


So my first meal I cooked in my new skillet was meatballs to go with my spaghetti. I added some olive oil to my seasoned pan. Then let it heat up to 300 degrees. I just love the fact that when its ready to use the little indicator light goes off. I whipped up my simple meatball recipe ( recipe soon to follow ) which consisted of ground meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper and some milk. Milk makes the meatlballs so tender.But just a little.
Yummy little meatballs. I threw some sausage  in another pot to cook.




After these browned up a bit I added 2 cans of crushed tomatoes.
 To that I added a bunch of herbs: dried parsley, dried oregano, herb de provance ( fancy french herb mix ), garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, a little sugar, and some white wine ( had no red )
Stirred it up a little. Then added my meatballs.
Let this cook until meats are cooked through about an hour. 
And add this on top of noodles with a little cheese....yummy. Left overs for tonight!





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment