Friday, December 17, 2010

Layered Salad





I had this salad at my old job many years ago when we had a pot luck get together for Christmas. It looked so pretty in the glass bowl. I couldn't believe how good it tasted. My co-worker gave me the recipe plus there were a few others I had gotten and upon moving I lost them. I forgot about this salad until my mom mentioned this salad that she had a few months ago so I looked it up and found it!

Seven Layer Salad
1 Bag of Salad Greens
1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas, Thawed
1 can Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/2 Red Onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper chopped ( or you can use red or yellow or a combination of all three )
1 Cup Real Mayonnaise
2 TBSP. White Sugar 
1 tsp. Seasoned Salt 
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Cup  Bacon Real Bacon bits 
4 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped up
Arrange salad greens in a see-through salad bowl. Layer peas, then water chestnuts, onions and then the red pepper.
Mix together Mayo, sugar, and seasoning salt to taste. Top green pepper layer with the dressing. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of salad. Top with bacon bits and eggs.

You can add or change any of the ingredients. You can added cooked chicken, make it a southwestern salad and add corn and black beans, or mushrooms. This really is just the basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment