Friday, December 3, 2010

Enduring a Cold

Well I had wanted to get back in the swing of things after Thanksgiving. But now I seem to be coming down with a terrible cold. I always get a cold around the holidays. Maybe this year won't be so bad. So besides the disgusting NyQuil I decided to look online for some home remedies for the common cold.


Lime I found is a natural home remedy. Well it's juice is anyways. It should be diluted with some warm water and some honey. This mixture is used for a cold with a dry cough ( which I dont have..yet ). Spruce it up with some thin slices of lime. I am not a fan of drinking this warm but i bet added with some sugar and lemon juice would make a yummy limon aide drink.

Have a bit of a sore throat? Candied ginger is great to suck on. And relieves some of the pain. And if your pregnant I hear its good for morning sickness..

I think I;m just going to stick with plenty of fluids and rest and some NyQuil...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment